Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day of the Fast

I just have to say this is so far a tremendous expereince. I have never fasted before and I don't think I ever made my self be so disciplined and stick to something like this before, even while cooking beautiful things for Ernie and kids!! :)
I was so excited about some of the things the Lord brought my eyes in front of I just had to share!

2 Chronicles 14:11"Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty, Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, and i your name we have come against this vast army('giant'), O Lord, you are our God; do not let man prevail against you."

Then, here is an excerpt from Jan 5, from the devotional 'Streams in the Desert' by LB Cowman

"Our God is the "Lord of Hosts" (Isa 10:6 KJV) who can summon unexpected reinforcements at any moment to help his people. Believe that he is between you and your difficulty and what troubles you will flee before him as clouds in the wind. -FB Meyer)

How appropriate. Keep fighting giants siestas and brothers!!!

No comments: